Thanks to the enactment of Resolution No. 727 dated Dec. 27-2022, end customers, consumers of electricity, can associate, forming an energy community, to produce locally through renewable sources the electricity needed for their needs.
Energy communities bring several advantages including:
– Economic benefits through incentive mechanisms derived from the energy produced and used, producing “energy income” for redistribution.
– Environmental benefits as on the one hand it avoids producing energy from fossil sources releasing CO2 and on the other hand it avoids dissipating energy in grid losses.
– Social benefits as aggregation is stimulated in the area, educating citizens on a culture aimed at urban sustainability, involving all segments of the population.
The requirements to be adhered to in preparing an energy community are:
– Community members are owners of points of connection of low-voltage power grids related to the same medium/low-voltage transformer substation (being extended to primary substation)
– Plants must not exceed 200 kW in capacity (underway to increase limit to 1 MW)
For more information about this, you can contact us via the module on the contact page.